This afternoon, Reddit users were invited to ask President Obama anything. The queries he fielded—on Internet freedom, the space program, beer, and basketball—were a lot less interesting than the questions he dodged. Here are the top 10 posts from Redditors that Obama chose to ignore.
1. President Obama, why didn’t you close Guantanamo Bay as you promised you would?
2. If you had the ability to automatically enact or repeal only one law without congressional approval, what would you choose and why?
3. What issues, if any, do you agree with Mitt Romney that are not commonly endorsed by the majority of the Democratic Party?
4. How do you plan to provide support and improve education? In particular how will you address issues in education such as, middle class college students at risk of burden from debt, and our K-12 system that is struggling from multiple funding cuts.
5. What is the purpose of the embargo on Cuba? Will you consider lifting it?
6. Mr. President, do you feel that there is a problem with the “revolving door” of congressmen and prominent lobbyists? For an example, I’d point to former Senator Dodd, now the chief lobbyist for the MPAA. Is there anything to be done about it?
7. Why aren’t you more actively fighting RNC voter suppression?
8. It’s been stated that your favorite television show is The Wire. How do you think the war on drugs has affected America, and would you work to end it?
9. What is in Area 51?
10. Who takes care of Bo, day to day? Do your daughters have most of the responsibility or does he have special doggy assistants?