The gorgeous night-sky time lapse animations keep on coming: this one, using images by Colin Legg, shows the sky over the Australian Outback. Make sure you’ve set the HD to on and make it full-screen!
The part with the sky reflected in the water with the island in the background (about one minute in to the video) is breathtaking, and even more so when the Milky Way hovers into view. There is something simply magical (if I may use that word) in these animations, showing the motion of the sky above us. We hardly notice it, but it is compelling and engrossing when seen in this way.
I’ve posted a lot of these videos, and I just found out that a master of them, José Francisco Salgado, will be giving a seminar on them in Chicago on May 14. That should be interesting; I’ve featured his work before (see Related Posts below) and it’s beautiful.
- Salgado #1: Time lapse: The spinning Chilean sky
- Salgado #2: Sidereal Motion
- Stunning winter sky timelapse video: Sub Zero
- OK, because I like y’all: bonus aurora timelapse video
- Amazing wide-angle time lapse night sky video
- AWESOME timelapse video: Rapture