Well, nuts. I just found out that Death from the Skies! did not garner a Hugo nomination. Oh well. I have more books up my brain. Thanks to everyone who voted for it.
But My Close Personal Friend John Scalzi™ got three noms! Whoa.
The books that did get the nod in the category I would have blown away the competition in are:
Best Related Book
- Rhetorics of Fantasy by Farah Mendlesohn (Wesleyan University Press)
- Spectrum 15: The Best in Contemporary Fantastic Art by Cathy Fenner & Arnie Fenner, eds. (Underwood Books)
- The Vorkosigan Companion: The Universe of Lois McMaster Bujold by Lillian Stewart Carl & John Helfers, eds. (Baen)
- What It Is We Do When We Read Science Fiction by Paul Kincaid (Beccon Publications)
- Your Hate Mail Will Be Graded: A Decade of Whatever, 1998-2008 by John Scalzi (Subterranean Press)
Wait, what’s that last one?
CURSE YOU, SCALZI!
I mean, congrats John! Go eat some bacon. You deserve it.
Also, Doctor Who got two nominations for “Best Dramatic Presentation, Short Form”: “Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead” and “Turn Left”. Wow, that’s a tough choice. But those are both up against “Dr. Horrible”, so we’ll see how that goes.