Joel Anderson, Stefan Fatsis, and Josh Levin discuss Aaron Rodgers’ claims about vaccination and how the Green Bay Packers and the NFL should deal with him. They also talk about ESPN’s investigation into Phoenix Suns owner Robert Sarver. Finally, the Washington Post’s Candace Buckner joins for a conversation about the fashion choices of NBA coaches.
• Support Hang Up and Listen by subscribing to Slate Plus.
• Slate’s Ben Mathis-Lilley on Aaron Rodgers’ interview with Pat McAfee.
• Bryan Curtis’ Ringer piece on the Rodgers-McAfee relationship.
• Mina Kimes‘ 2017 ESPN profile of Rodgers.
• Baxter Holmes’ investigative piece for ESPN on Phoenix Suns owner Robert Sarver.
• Follow Candace Buckner on Twitter.
• Read Buckner’s Washington Post column opposing the NBA’s decision to let coaches wear quarter-zips and sneakers instead of suits and dress shoes.
• ESPN’s Zach Lowe surveyed coaches about the change, which was made before last year’s “bubble” season.
• In the Athletic, Jayson Jenks wrote about why baseball managers wear uniforms and football coaches stopped wearing suits.
Hang Up and Listen’s weekly Modfather:
Josh’s Modfather: Jameis Winston, Drew Brees, and the athletes we support, tolerate, and disdain.
On this week’s bonus segment, Joel, Stefan, and Josh discuss whether there’s any hope that Cincinnati will make the College Football Playoff.
Podcast production and edit by Kevin Bendis.
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.