The Kyrie Irving, Anti-Vaxxer Edition
Slate’s sports podcast on vaccine denial in the NBA, the Washington Spirit, and minor league baseball.
Listen & Subscribe
Choose your preferred player:
Get Your Slate Plus Podcast
If you can't access your feeds, please contact customer support.
Listen on your computer:
Apple Podcasts will only work on MacOS operating systems since Catalina. We do not support Android apps on desktop at this time.
Listen on your device:RECOMMENDED
These links will only work if you're on the device you listen to podcasts on. We do not support Stitcher at this time.
Set up manually:
Joel Anderson, Stefan Fatsis, and Josh Levin talk about anti-vaxxers in the NBA. The Washington Post’s Molly Hensley-Clancy joins to discuss allegations that the NWSL’s Washington Sprit have a misogynistic work culture, and Will Bardenwerper comes on for a conversation about his Harper’s piece on the potential death of minor league baseball in small towns.
• Support Hang Up and Listen by subscribing to Slate Plus.
• Matt Sullivan’s Rolling Stone piece on NBA anti-vaxxers.
• At the Brooklyn Nets’ media day, Kyrie Irving asked reporters to respect his privacy.
• The NBA denied Andrew Wiggins’ request for a religious exemption to vaccination.
• Follow Molly Hensley-Clancy on Twitter.
• Read Hensley-Clancy’s Washington Post stories about the abusive former coach, the misogynistic work culture, and the ownership fight at the Washington Spirit of the National Women’s Soccer League.
• Follow Will Bardenwerper on Twitter.
• Bardenwerper’s Harper’s feature on the Appalachian League and the future of minor league baseball.
• It’s never too late to order a copy of Wild and Outside, Stefan’s 1995 book about minor-league baseball.
Hang Up and Listen’s weekly Burlington Sock Puppet:
Josh’s Burlington Sock Puppet: The College of Faith lost 100 yards in a 2014 football game. What’s the College of Faith?
On this week’s bonus segment, Joel, Stefan, and Josh talk about Baltimore Ravens kicker Justin Tucker’s NFL-record 66-yard field goal, which Stefan wrote about in Slate.
Podcast production and edit by Kevin Bendis.
You can email us at email@example.com.