The Turmoil at Jeopardy! Edition
Slate’s sports podcast on Sha’Carri Richardson, Draymond and KD, and Jeopardy!
Listen & Subscribe
Choose your preferred player:
Get Your Slate Plus Podcast
If you can't access your feeds, please contact customer support.
Listen on your computer:
Apple Podcasts will only work on MacOS operating systems since Catalina. We do not support Android apps on desktop at this time.
Listen on your device:RECOMMENDED
These links will only work if you're on the device you listen to podcasts on. We do not support Stitcher at this time.
Set up manually:
Joel Anderson and Stefan Fatsis talk with track writer Jojo Gretschel about sprinter Sha’Carri Richardson’s last-place finish in her return from a suspension. They’re joined by former pro basketball player Rod Benson to discuss Draymond Green’s revealing conversation with Kevin Durant and the future of athlete-driven sports media. Finally, an interview with Claire McNear of the Ringer about her blockbuster reporting that brought down the new host of Jeopardy!
• Joel went down to defeat in a trivia tournament on Bomani Jones’s ESPN podcast, The Right Time.
• Follow Jojo Gretschel on Twitter and subscribe to her newsletter, Big Track Energy.
• In her return to competition after testing positive for marijuana at the U.S. Olympic trials, sprinter Sha’Carri Richardson finished last at the Prefontaine Classic in Eugene, Ore.
• Listen to Richardson’s defiant post-race interview but also her more-measured comments to reporters later.
• Two weeks after winning Olympic gold, 19-year-old Athing Mu broke her American record in the 800 meters.
• Follow Rod Benson on Twitter and check out his artwork.
• Watch Draymond Green’s interview with Kevin Durant on Bleacher Report about the breakup of the Golden State Warriors dynasty and more.
• In SF Gate, Benson wrote about the interview and the evolution of sports media toward athlete-controlled content
• Follow Claire McNear on Twitter and buy her book, Answers in the Form of Questions: A Definitive History and Insider’s Guide to Jeopardy!
• Read McNear’s story in the Ringer about the offensive comments that forced Mike Richards to step down as Alex Trebek’s replacement as the host of Jeopardy!
• In Slate, Myles McNutt wrote that Jeopardy! “needs to think less about its past and more about its future.”
• Hang Up and Listen’s weekly Ron Hextall:
• Stefan’s Ron Hextall: In American Ultimate Disc League action, the DC Breeze beat the Raleigh Flyers in sudden-death double overtime.
• On this week’s bonus segment, Joel and Stefan continue their conversation with Rod Benson about his peripatetic basketball career, quitting the sport, and his work as a writer.
Podcast production and edit by Alyssa Edes.
You can email us at email@example.com.