The Mystery of Kyrie Irving Edition
Slate’s sports podcast on the NFL playoffs, the Brooklyn Nets, and HBO’s Tiger Woods documentary.
Listen & Subscribe
Choose your preferred player:
Get Your Slate Plus Podcast
If you can't access your feeds, please contact customer support.
Listen on your computer:
Apple Podcasts will only work on MacOS operating systems since Catalina. We do not support Android apps on desktop at this time.
Listen on your device:RECOMMENDED
These links will only work if you're on the device you listen to podcasts on. We do not support Stitcher at this time.
Set up manually:
Joel Anderson, Josh Levin, and special guest Damon Young of Very Smart Brothas talk about Drew Brees, the NFL concussion protocol, and the Kansas City Chiefs’ gutsy fourth-down call. They also discuss the Brooklyn Nets’ trade for James Harden and Kyrie Irving’s absence from the team. Finally, they review the HBO documentary Tiger.
• Support Hang Up and Listen by subscribing to Slate Plus.
• Follow Damon Young on Twitter and buy his book What Doesn’t Kill You Makes You Blacker.
• Kansas City Chiefs coach Andy Reid says that Patrick Mahomes might have come back into the game in the days before the NFL’s concussion protocol.
• Peter King on the Chiefs’ shocking fourth-down play call.
• Nick Greene in Slate on Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers.
• Kyrie Irving is back with the Brooklyn Nets.
• Damon’s piece on Irving’s years-long beef with the media.
• Jack Hamilton in Slate on Irving.
• Josh talked about Tiger Woods on the first ever episode of Hang Up and Listen on July 6, 2009.
• Josh’s piece about Woods’ apology press conference in 2010.
• Woods’ agent Mark Steinberg called the HBO documentary Tiger “unauthorized and salacious.”
Hang Up and Listen’s weekly Joslyn James:
Joel’s Joslyn James: The time Hakeem Olajuwon wanted out of Houston.
On this week’s bonus segment, Joel and Josh talk about whether pro athletes should get the COVID vaccine early.
Podcast production and edit by Melissa Kaplan.
You can email us at email@example.com.