To listen to the discussion, use the player below:
On this week’s Slate Political Gabfest, Emily Bazelon, David Plotz, and John Dickerson discuss the impact of the U.S. health care debate on the primary season, white supremacy from Canada with guest Jesse Brown, and Jeffrey Epstein’s arrest.
Here are some of the links and references from this week’s show:
• Dan Balz and Emily Guskin for the Washington Post: “Aided by a Strong Economy, Trump Approval Rises, but a Majority Also See Him as ‘Unpresidential’ ”
• Anna Silman for New York: “We Thought We Knew Faith, Until We Didn’t”
• Landon Thomas Jr. for New York: “Jeffrey Epstein: International Moneyman of Mystery”
Here are this week’s cocktail chatters:
• David: Zachariah Hughes and Susan Svrluga for the Washington Post, “Alaska University System Braces for ‘Devastating’ Budget Cuts”
• Listener chatter from Keenan Sprague: Dylan Matthews for Vox, “3 Reasons the American Revolution Was a Mistake”
For this week’s Slate Plus bonus segment, Emily, David, and John take international audience questions live from Toronto.
Topic ideas for next week? You can tweet suggestions, links, and questions to @SlateGabfest. Tweet us your cocktail chatter using #cocktailchatter or post it to our Facebook page. (Messages may be quoted by name unless the writer stipulates otherwise.)
Become a fan of the Political Gabfest on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @SlateGabfest. The email address for the Political Gabfest is email@example.com. (Email may be quoted by name unless the writer stipulates otherwise.)
Podcast production by Jocelyn Frank. Research and show notes by Bridgette Dunlap.