To listen to the discussion, use the player below:
Get More Political Gabfest
Slate Plus members get extended, ad-free versions of our podcasts—and much more. Sign up today.
Subscribe to the Political Gabfest
Copy this link and add it in your podcast app.
For detailed instructions, see our Slate Plus podcasts page.
Listen to Slate’s Political Gabfest via Apple Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify, Stitcher, or Google Play.
On this week’s live Slate Political Gabfest, Emily Bazelon, David Plotz, John Dickerson, and special guest Simon Doonan take on listener-submitted conundrums, including:
• Would you rather be a bird or a mountain? —Phil Goldstein
• Would you rather have the wisdom of 50 at age 25 or the body of 25 at age 50? —Dan Fisher
• Would you rather have a washing machine or the vote? —Robbie Hudson
• Would you rather be a dragon or have a dragon? —Anonymous
• Would you prefer to re-experience your best memory or wipe away your worst? —Shawn S.
Topic ideas for next week? You can tweet suggestions, links, and questions to @SlateGabfest. Tweet us your cocktail chatter using #cocktailchatter or post it to our Facebook page. (Messages may be quoted by name unless the writer stipulates otherwise.)
Become a fan of the Political Gabfest on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @SlateGabfest. The email address for the Political Gabfest is email@example.com. (Email may be quoted by name unless the writer stipulates otherwise.)
Podcast production by Jocelyn Frank.
Research and show notes by Bridgette Dunlap.