To listen to the discussion, use the player below:
Become a fan of the Political Gabfest on Facebook. We post to the Facebook page throughout the week, so keep the conversation going by joining us there. Or follow us @SlateGabfest. The email address for the Political Gabfest is email@example.com. (Email may be quoted by name unless the writer stipulates otherwise.)
The Political Gabfest is brought to you by Squarespace. Upgrade to a Squarespace website today. Start your free trial at Squarespace.com, and use offer code gabfest for 10 percent off your first purchase.
For this week’s Slate Plus bonus segment the hosts discuss Trump’s anti-vaxxer connections. Join Slate Plus! Members get bonus segments, exclusive member-only podcasts, and more. Sign up for a free trial today at slate.com/gabfestplus.
On this week’s Slate Political Gabfest, Emily Bazelon, Jamelle Bouie, and David Plotz discuss the Trump dossier, Cabinet confirmations, and Obama’s political legacy.
- Here are some of the links and references from this week’s show:
- CNN initially reports on the Trump dossier: “Intel Chiefs Presented Trump With Claims of Russian Efforts to Compromise Him”
- BuzzFeed publishes the Trump dossier in full: “These Reports Allege Trump Has Deep Ties to Russia”
- Eric Holder will lead Democrats’ effort against gerrymandering
- Jamelle Bouie in Slate: “Jeff Sessions Fights for Racist Outcomes. Who Cares What’s in His Heart?”
Emily chatters about the new novel Al-Tounsi by Anton Piatigorsky, about the Supreme Court decision of the same name.
Jamelle chatters about joining arthouse movie streaming service FilmStruck.
David chatters about British period crime drama Peaky Blinders.
Topic ideas for next week? You can tweet suggestions, links, and questions to @SlateGabfest (#heygabfest). (Tweets may be quoted by name unless the writer stipulates otherwise.)
Podcast production by Jocelyn Frank. Links compiled by Kevin Townsend.