Like Chris Christie and Rudy Giuliani before him, Newt Gingrich apparently was assigned the role of “guy who talks about how the world is a violent nightmare because of Obama and Hillary” at Wednesday’s Republican National Convention session. As you can see above, he embraced this role with considerable vigor, talking for about six minutes straight about the various ways people across the world have recently died and will probably die in the future.
- “They are determined to kill us. They are stronger than we admit.”
- “If our enemies had their way, gays, lesbians, and transgender citizens would be put to death.”
- “In France … there are stabbings of Jews in the streets.”
- “In Israel … average citizens fear for their lives whenever they leave their homes.”
- “If our enemies had their way, every person on Earth would be subject to conversion by the sword and a cruel and violent system of law.”
- “We are losing the war with radical Islamists.”
Fun! In all, Newt mentioned eight specific previous terror attacks and one hypothetical future attack in which 300,000 people die in a nuclear explosion. Vote Trump!