To listen to the discussion, use the player below:
Become a fan of the Political Gabfest on Facebook. We post to the Facebook page throughout the week, so keep the conversation going by joining us there. Or follow us @SlateGabfest. The email address for the Political Gabfest is firstname.lastname@example.org. (Email may be quoted by name unless the writer stipulates otherwise.)
Political Gabfest is brought to you by Goldman Sachs. To learn about developments currently shaping markets, industries, and the global economy, subscribe to the firm’s podcast, Exchanges at Goldman Sachs, available on iTunes.
And by Blue Apron. Blue Apron’s meal kits are delivered right to your door, and make cooking at home easy. Get your first THREE meals FREE by going to BlueApron.com/gabfest.
On this week’s Slate Political Gabfest, David Plotz, Emily Bazelon, and John Dickerson discuss the Democratic convention in Philadelphia and the DNC email hack.
Here are some of the links and references from this week’s show:
- John’s new book Whistlestop comes out this week (check it out on Amazon)
- Michelle Obama’s speech in Philadelphia
- DNC Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz resigns
- The convention in Philadelphia opens with Bernie Sanders supporters voicing their unhappiness
- Talking Points Memo reporting on Trump-Putin
- John’s interview of President Obama on Face the Nation
David chatters about “ ‘How’s Amanda?’ A Story of Truth, Lies and an American Addiction” in the Washington Post.
Topic ideas for next week? You can tweet suggestions, links, and questions to @SlateGabfest (#heygabfest). (Tweets may be quoted by name unless the writer stipulates otherwise.)
Podcast production by Jocelyn Frank. Links compiled by Kevin Townsend.