Today’s biggest stories:
- It was another terrible, deadly weekend for migrants in the Mediterranean.
- A gorilla at the Cincinnati Zoo was shot after taking hold of a child who had slipped into its enclosure.
- The Supreme Court ruled that juries deciding whether to give a death sentence should know whether giving a life sentence instead would involve the possibility of parole.
- Donald Trump held a press conference at which he finally gave out details about the $6 million he said he’d raised for veterans in January. (Approximately half the groups that got money, the AP found, didn’t get their checks until after the publication of a recent Washington Post piece questioning whether Trump had given away as much as he claimed.)
- The North Korean state media apparatus is excited about Trump’s threat to pull troops out of South Korea.
- A hacked Dallas highway sign, meanwhile, asserted that Trump is a lizard person. (Here’s today’s Trump Apocalypse Watch.)
- And the AP reported that Bo, one of the White House dogs, thinks he has a people job.