The National Enquirer has come out with a sensationally announced but carefully worded allegation that Ted Cruz might maybe have had some extramarital affairs; Cruz says the tabloid’s report is “garbage” and claims Trump is behind the smear. Trump says that’s not case—but it’s hard not to notice how Trump-friendly the Enquirer’s coverage has been this cycle. In other news:
- A U.S. official confirmed that at least two Americans were among those killed in this week’s bombings in Belgium; authorities in Brussels, meanwhile, announced that six terror suspects were arrested in nighttime raids.
- Duke lost and its players and coaches were not very classy about doing so.
- We lowered the Trump Apocalypse Watch level to 1.5 horsemen.
- Indiana passed a strict but seemingly unenforceable abortion restriction.
- The cherry blossoms are here! Here’s why you don’t need to worry that early cherry-blossom arrival is a sign of climate change.
Have a good weekend out there!