Only one fatality and two minor injuries were reported after a terrorist tried to blow up a plane leaving Somalia this week—and it turns out that the man who died was the one who detonated the bomb, who was blown sideways into the sky through the plane’s fuselage and hopefully lived long enough to realize how badly he had failed.
- Johnny Manziel is having a meltdown: His agent has cut ties with him, his ex-girlfriend told police he threatened to kill her, and his father says he is refusing family requests to enter rehab.
- A huge, block-long crane collapsed in Manhattan, killing one person.
- The Republicans are back at the debatin’ Saturday; expect everyone to attack Trump while Bush, Kasich, and Christie try to distinguish themselves from Rubio.
- Pope Francis will meet the head of the Russian Orthodox church—the first time the two figures have met since a schism in 1054. Awk-ward!
- And here’s a strange story about the things humans do.
- Have a good weekend.