At least 14 people have been killed in a San Bernardino, California mass shooting in which up to three gunmen appear to have targeted a group of local officials at a holiday gathering on the grounds of a social services center. The suspects in the shooting are still at large. In other news:
- Yet another Doctors Without Borders hospital was hit by an airstrike, this one in Syria; Bashar al-Assad’s forces appear to be intentionally targeting medical facilities.
- Ben Carson’s poll numbers seem to be falling off in the wake of the Paris attacks.
- A Fox News host claimed there were “reports” on 9/11 that individuals in Jersey City were prepared to watch the hijacked planes hit the World Trade Center because they had been “tipped off.”
- A Colorado state representative blamed Planned Parenthood for the attack on Planned Parenthood committed by a right-wing extremist.
- Some good news: The tide in D.C. might be beginning to turn against the knee-jerk movement to halt the U.S.’s intake of Middle Eastern refugees.
- And an anonymous couple in Minnesota donated $500,000 to the Salvation Army at one of its signature kettle collection locations.
Have a good day out there.