Four more incidents of terrorism were reported today in Israel, an escalation of political violence that had already involved 17 stabbing attacks since last Wednesday; the country’s government may loosen its strict gun control rules in response. In other news:
- NBC announced that Donald Trump will host SNL in November, which is occasion to think about the fact that the sun will eventually expand to engulf the Earth.
- A long-awaited Dutch report concluded, not surprisingly, that Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 crashed in Ukraine in July 2014 because it was shot down by a Russian missile likely launched from an area held by Russian separatists.
- Josh Voorhees suggested two questions about Hillary Clinton’s private email scandal that moderators might ask at tonight’s Democratic debate in Las Vegas.
- California banned use of the word Redskins as a high-school team nickname.
- ESPN announced it was delaying the premiere of a documentary involving Sacramento mayor and Obama ally Kevin Johnson because of renewed interest in a 1995 sexual assault allegation against him.
- And Playboy said it will no longer print nude photos.
Have a good day out there!