China’s infamous one-child policy is no more; Chinese families will now be allowed to have two children, though apparently the move might not do much to change the country’s fertility rate. In other news:
- Roy Jones Jr. became the latest aging macho American celebrity to join Vladimir Putin’s circle of aging macho American celebrity hangers-on. (Others include Steven Seagal, pictured above.)
- The Jeb-is-toast narrative is feeding on itself. (Mmm … Jeb-flavored toast.)
- Paul Ryan officially became Speaker of the House. Legally, everyone in the U.S. must now stop what they are doing to listen to him speak over a crude nationwide network of loudspeakers whenever he decides he has something to say.
- A high-profile New York charter school was found to have kept a list of 16 students that it hoped to convince/force to drop out.
- And, if you missed the coverage this morning, here’s a list of the most important takeaways from last night’s fractious Republican debate.
Have a good day out there!