Marco Rubio misses a ton of Senate votes, hearings, and meetings, and his associates say that he’s fed up with the institution—a reaction that is perhaps understandable but does call into question why he wants to be president given that working with Congress is a pretty big part of that particular job. In other news:
- A strong earthquake hit the Afghanistan-Pakistan border, and its impact will likely be devastating in the already-troubled area.
- Public support for the Tea Party movement is at an all-time low at the same time that its influence in Congress is the biggest story in town.
- The Donald Trump of Guatemala won Guatemala’s presidential election.
- Evidence of Ben Carson’s Iowa surge past the American Donald Trump continues to mount.
- And the Obama administration admitted that kids these days are probably asked to take too many standardized tests.
Have a good day out there.