Hello, Slatest readers. Here’s today’s news:
- At least ten people were killed in a massacre at Umpqua Community College in Oregon. A suspect was reportedly detained, but it’s not yet clear what the motive behind the shooting was.
- DMVs are closing in disproportionately black counties in Alabama, where ID is required to vote.
- A Planned Parenthood clinic was set on fire near Los Angeles.
- Bernie Sanders has raised a ton of money, and that’s not great news for a certain former Secretary of State.
- Hurricane Joaquin is approaching the East Coast but no one is quite sure what he’s going to do when he gets there.
- A bipartisan group of senators has a plan for a bill that aims to reduce the federal prison population.
- Donald Trump says he would ship Syrian refugees back to Syria.
Have a good day out there and be safe.