CNN’s Jake Tapper asked the 11 candidates in Wednesday night’s main-event Republican presidential debate which woman they would want to put on the $10 bill. In other words, “name any historically important female American.” Here are their answers:
- Rand Paul: Susan B. Anthony.
- Mike Huckabee: His wife.
- Marco Rubio: Rosa Parks.
- Ted Cruz: Rosa Parks (but on the $20; he’d keep Hamilton on the $10).
- Ben Carson: His mother.
- Donald Trump: His daughter or Rosa Parks.
- Jeb Bush: Margaret Thatcher.
- Scott Walker: Clara Barton.
- Carly Fiorina: Wouldn’t change the bill.
- John Kasich: Mother Theresa.
- Chris Christie: Abigail Adams.
Forty-five percent of those people are not historically important female Americans.