Here’s how one of the concluding sections of President Obama’s State of the Union on Tuesday night was supposed to go:
But what actually happened was that after “I have no more campaigns to run” Republicans started clapping derisively. And Obama responded with an ad-lib that will likely go down in State of the Union history.
“I know, because I won both of them.”
Dang. Dang, Obama.
- Obama Calls Out Republicans for Their “I’m Not a Scientist” Line
- The Republican State of the Union Rebuttal Wasn’t One
- A Resurgent President Challenged, Threatened, and Boxed In His Republican Audience
- Obama’s State of the Union Offered a Muscular Liberalism for the Middle Class
- Obama Declares Child Care “a Must Have”