The Slate Group
National Sales Director
The Slate Group is looking for a national sales director. As one of the most influential and widely read news and culture magazines, Slate combines the innovation of a Web-only property with the quality and authority you’d expect from an organization owned by the Washington Post Co. With more than 6 million unique visitors monthly reported by Nielsen, Slate is the centerpiece of an expanding family of sites including The Root and the upcoming business site The Big Money. The Slate Group will continue to aggressively grow Slate while launching a series of new Web properties that leverage our experience, success, and existing audience.
The national sales director is a unique opportunity for an entrepreneurially minded advertising veteran to play a pivotal role with one of the most innovative, high-profile, and fast-growing media properties on the Web. The national sales director will help define and implement sales strategy while maintaining day-to-day responsibility for hitting Slate’s sales targets. Reporting into the Slate publisher, this position will be part of the Slate senior team and will require you to work closely with our marketing, editorial, technology, and finance teams.
We’re looking for a seasoned online sales person who has at least eight years of experience selling and/or managing sales teams.
- Direct sales: track record of closing sales
- Experience with, and passion for, high-quality Web and media brands
- Industry contacts: someone who has deep relationships with advertising agencies and clients
- Strategic thinker: While we need someone who isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves, this person needs to not lose the forest in the trees.
- Management experience: The ideal candidate has experience managing sales reps.
- Team player: This position requires an ability to work well with and motivate a large and diverse team.
- Willingness to travel: Preference is for this position to be based in New York with regular trips across the country.
To apply for this position please send your résumé and cover letter to John Alderman, email@example.com.