And Sen. Clinton is speaking for the first time.
And boy does she take her time. Responding to Gibson’s question about what she would do if she had actionable intelligence about terrorists operating in Pakistan, she gives a five-part answer. She would strike, with these things in mind:
1) We must train the Afghan army so it can help.
2) Any actionable intelligence that would lead to a strike must be given careful consideration.
3) The Pakistani government has to know they’re on the way.
4) Get musharraf to share responsibility for protecting nuclear stockpiles.
5) Repair the failed policies of the Bush administration.
Again, notice how ABC sets up the question so all the candidates have to respond to Obama’s statement that he would strike Pakistan if there is actionable intelligence. They’re treating him as the front-runner and letting him set the tone.