Note, Oct. 3, 2005: This position has been filled.
Slate is seeking a well-rounded midlevel Web developer to build and maintain Web applications, editorially driven features, and production tools for the editorial staff. The ideal candidate will be comfortable building everything from complex multitiered database-driven applications to a simple dynamic html page. The candidate should be able to develop new solutions as well as maintain existing ones. The candidate should possess excellent communication skills and work well on collaborative projects that involve Slate’s virtual teams. Lastly, creativity and excitement for the Web as a medium for delivering best-in-class content and site features are critical to the candidate’s success.
This full-time position is located in Arlington, Va.
Send a cover letter, resume, and portfolio to email@example.com.
- Develop new Web features and applications
- Modify and maintain existing xslt templates, as well as create new templates
- Day–to-day support of Slate’s publishing platform
- Play prominent role in site redesign
2 years practical experience or equivalent certification with the following technologies:
- Microsoft .NET, ASP.NET
- Microsoft IIS
- 4+ years of Web development experience
- Flash scripting
- Knowledge of Java and J2EE including hands on project experience with Servlets, EJB’s, JSP’s, and other related J2EE technologies
- Oracle—practical experience or certification
- Knowledge of Perl and/or CGI scripting
- Weblogic and UNIX experience
- Experience with Content Management Systems
- Knowledge of testing methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or comparable experience or certification