Slate is hiring a senior systems administrator to keep our offices connected and IT systems secure. We’re looking for an IT professional who is passionate about helping our staff produce exceptional journalism. This position is based in Brooklyn.
• Keeping our internal network fast and secure. You will be the primary administrator for all network, storage, and server infrastructure in our New York and D.C. offices. This includes physical/virtual servers, VoIP systems (Dialpad and handsets), Cisco, Meraki network switches, security, appliances, and WAPs.
• Coordinating with and managing IT end-user support staff and audio production staff to ensure projects are aligned. If the podcast studios need a better system for backing up, you’re ensuring that they have the connections and hardware they need to get the job done.
• Managing all IT-related vendor contracts including phones, ISPs, and various software. This includes being involved in the budgeting process in a consultative capacity.
• Reporting to the general manager of Slate and assisting the director of technology in guiding the IT course of the organization and documenting changes to same
• Identifying potential vulnerabilities and keeping up to date on known security risks (phishing scams, etc.)
• Networking experience. You can install a new switch in a server room and diagnose networking issues.
• Experience with Microsoft Windows Server, Cisco and HP routers, servers, firewalls, switches, macOS Server, and VMware servers
• G Suite administration experience
• Experience with OS X end-user support
• Nice to have: experience with low-latency network attached storage (for audio editing), specifically EVO
• Nice to have: experience with active directory
Slate is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply.
To apply, please send your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include “Senior Systems Administrator” in your subject line.