Slate is seeking a senior sales development representative to grow the customer base of Supporting Cast’s podcasting membership platform. Podcasters and media companies are looking for pathways to financial growth, and your role is to show them how a Supporting Cast–powered membership offering can deepen their connection with their most engaged listeners and vastly increase their podcasting revenue. You’ll be our first sales representative and will be in a position to have a huge influence on our sales strategy, our rapidly evolving product, and future hiring. Candidates located in New York City or D.C. are preferred.
About Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast is an internal startup within Slate, the multimedia digital publishing company. Building on the success of Slate Plus, our nearly 50,000-strong podcasting-centric membership program, our service allows podcasters to charge their listeners for access to benefits like subscriber-only content and ad-free shows. See our launch announcement and some of the industry coverage we’ve received.
Supporting Cast provides the dynamic excitement of a startup and the stability and quality-of-life benefits of an established employer. We are a very small team that works adjacent to the Slate tech and product teams. We are very much part of Slate’s warm, inclusive, and unique business culture. Slate has a history of successful internal startups, having previously spun off Social Code and Megaphone as independent companies.
• Thoroughly understand the target market, the use cases for Supporting Cast, and the challenges our clients face
• Communicate Supporting Cast’s unique value proposition to new prospects
• Demonstrate the platforms’ key features through video calls and screen shares, adapting the features emphasized to each prospect’s needs
• Prospect between 50 and 100 leads per week through email, LinkedIn, etc., leveraging performance data to optimize prospecting efforts
• Reply to and follow up with inbound inquiries in a timely manner
• Schedule 5–7 meetings per week
• Attend industry conferences as a representative of the company in pursuit of leads
• Use a sales and marketing automation platform to manage and track the sales pipeline
• Contribute to sales collateral
• Summarize feedback from prospective clients to influence the product road map
• Minimum 3 years of experience selling software as a service
• Comfortable using technology tools to maximize your efficiency
• Experience using a sales and marketing automation platform (such as HubSpot or Salesforce) preferred
• Comfort with Google Apps, LinkedIn
• Strong email, Slack, and Giphy game
• Strong written and verbal interpersonal skills
• Ability to handle rejection daily
• Avid podcast listening habits and familiarity with the podcast industry preferred
Slate is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply.
To apply, please send your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Supporting Cast Sales Rep” in your subject line.