Supporting Cast is seeking a senior manager of digital marketing and growth to promote our platform to podcasters of all shapes and sizes, from independents to leading networks. As our first marketing hire, you will be responsible for building awareness of the premium podcast model, positioning the Supporting Cast platform as the leading solution in the market, and enticing podcasters to learn more. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success working with sales teams and creating engaging marketing campaigns that deliver qualified prospects.
Supporting Cast is part of The Slate Group. Working here provides the dynamic excitement of a startup and the stability and competitive compensation of an established employer.
Our team is largely remote, and we will consider candidates from any location. You will be welcome to work out of our D.C. and Brooklyn offices after the pandemic, or you can remain remote.
• Plan and execute all digital marketing activities for Supporting Cast, including SEO/SEM, email, social media, podcasting, and display advertising campaigns to generate sales leads
• Measure and report on all digital marketing campaigns, assess against goals, and optimize spend across channels based on performance
• Define the customer funnel, collaborate to instrument conversion events, and optimize landing pages through testing and iteration
• Manage Supporting Cast’s website and write and solicit/edit blog posts, case studies, and other content to engage prospects
• Monitor trends within podcasting and the broader digital marketing ecosystem, proposing creative strategies that take advantage of new marketing opportunities as they arise
• Manage Supporting Cast’s participation in industry events, including conference sponsorships, panels, and webinars
• Design, build, and maintain our social media presence
• Coordinate public relations strategy with Slate’s communications team
• Advise podcaster clients on marketing strategy on an ad hoc basis in conjunction with the customer success team
• Collaborate with agencies and vendor partners to implement the strategies above
• 4–6 years of experience in a digital marketing role
• Demonstrated experience managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns
• Experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform, and motivate
• Solid knowledge of website analytics tools like Google Analytics
• The ability to write engaging, creative copy that capitalizes on the target audience’s attention
• Familiarity with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
• A strong interest in podcasting as a listener if not in a professional capacity
• Bonus points for experience with the tools in our marketing stack, including HubSpot, Webflow, Amplitude, and Notion
• Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels
• Data-driven orientation and strong quantitative reasoning skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced team environment
• Extremely detail-oriented and organized
• Ability to take initiative and to follow through on projects with minimal guidance
Supporting Cast enables podcasters and audiobook publishers to launch podcast subscription programs and sell premium audio content that listeners can access through their podcast apps. Created by Slate following the success of Slate Plus, its 70,000-strong membership program, we now work with some of the largest podcasters and audiobook publishers in the industry.
As an internal startup within Slate, we are a small team that works adjacent to the Slate tech and product teams. We are very much part of Slate’s warm, inclusive, and unique business culture. Slate has a history of successful internal startups, having previously spun off Social Code and Megaphone as independent companies.
Supporting Cast is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply. If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will do what we can to meet your needs.
To apply, please send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Supporting Cast Marketing Role.” Please include your résumé, your website, and a few paragraphs on why you’re qualified for the position. We strongly encourage you to include links to recent work or blog posts explaining your process.