This position is no longer open.
Slate is looking for an enthusiastic and talented person to join our D.C.-based finance/accounting team. The revenue accountant will provide support to the sales team and will also work closely with the ad operations team. The role will focus on recognizing revenue from Slate’s various streams, processing customer billings, initiating collection efforts, and maintaining Slate’s accounts receivable activity.
• Serve as a resource to Slate staff regarding vendor billing and revenue recognition concerns
• Work with customers to ensure timely payment of invoices
• Apply receipts to customer accounts
• Research and resolve customer account discrepancies
• Prepare journal entries
• Reconcile bank accounts and balance sheets
• Analyze profit and loss accounts
• Three to five years of relevant accounting/finance experience
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance required or relevant work experience
• Strong analytical skills
• Organized team player
• Proactive, diligent, and attentive to detail; follows through on queries and issues
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Google Drive
• Knowledge of Oracle Cloud is a plus
Slate is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply. If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will do what we can to meet your needs.