Slate is hiring a researcher to work on the third season of our award-winning podcast Slow Burn. For this paid position, we’re looking for someone with demonstrated ability at research and fact-checking. A background in audio is a plus but not a must. The researcher reports to Slow Burn’s producer and works closely with the show’s host. Candidates must be available to work in Slate’s Brooklyn office from July through December 2019.
• Gather information from publications, libraries, and online databases
• Comb through audio and video archives for appropriate clips
• Identify possible storylines and characters
• Track down sources, sometimes from incomplete or outdated information
• Bachelor’s degree or comparable relevant experience
• Experience conducting a significant research project in an academic or professional setting
• An instinct for what’s interesting and relevant in a large corpus of information
• A familiarity with and enthusiasm for narrative podcasts
Slate is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply.
To apply, send your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a cover letter that describes, in detail, a research-based project you worked on, giving examples of the challenges you faced and the ways you tackled them.