This position is no longer open.
Slate is hiring a researcher to work on the third season of our award-winning podcast Slow Burn. For this paid position, we’re looking for someone with demonstrated ability at research and fact-checking. A background in audio is a plus but not a must. The researcher reports to Slow Burn’s producer and works closely with the show’s host. Candidates must be available to work in Slate’s Brooklyn office from July through December 2019.
• Gather information from publications, libraries, and online databases
• Comb through audio and video archives for appropriate clips
• Identify possible storylines and characters
• Track down sources, sometimes from incomplete or outdated information
• Bachelor’s degree or comparable relevant experience
• Experience conducting a significant research project in an academic or professional setting
• An instinct for what’s interesting and relevant in a large corpus of information
• A familiarity with and enthusiasm for narrative podcasts
Slate is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply.