Slate’s Culture Gabfest and the Waves are looking for a production assistant who can support both podcasts. This is a part-time paid role, and candidates must be available to attend tapings—which usually occur on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings—in Slate’s Brooklyn office.
• Coming up with a list of potential topics for each week’s episode(s), including Slate Plus topics
• Calling in to conference calls in which the hosts finalize their topic selections
• Compiling a packet of reading materials to help the hosts prepare for the show
• Occasionally communicating with publicists to secure screeners, books, etc.
• Coming to the studio to attend tapings, during which time the PA will fact-check, do on-the-spot research, and take notes for the episode show page.
• Writing up the show page
• Promoting the episode on social media
The ideal candidate will:
• Know the podcasts well
• Be interested in developing podcast-production skills
• Be knowledgeable about culture—high and low—and gender issues
• Be on top of the news
• Be a skilled researcher and a good communicator
Slate is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply. If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will do what we can to meet your needs.
To apply, please send your résumé and a brief cover letter to email@example.com. Please include “Production Assistant” in your subject line.