This position is no longer open.
Slate Studios, Slate’s award-winning branded content team, is looking for a creative, versatile, and organized audio producer to make branded podcasts in a collaborative and fast-paced environment. This producer will bring audio expertise to the high-touch branded campaigns we create. Ideal candidates will have a passion for storytelling, deep attention to detail, and an enthusiasm for finding new ways to connect brands, podcasts, and listeners.
This position reports to the managing producer of Slate Studios and is an integral part of the Slate Studios team from presale through the entire postproduction process. Slate’s offices remain closed for now, but this position will be based out of Slate’s offices in Brooklyn once we return from remote work.
• Collaborate with the Slate Studios team on ideating and identifying smart and compelling audio concepts that engage listeners and offer unique value to our brand partners
• Research, develop, script, and edit compelling audio that draws on diverse perspectives, sources, and talent
• Engineer recording sessions, including setting up remote connections (both in studio and work-from-home settings)
• Train and direct hosts and talent
• Edit, assemble, and score podcast series, episodes, and segments
• Shape raw tape into natural and engaging audio across a variety of formats: interviews, narrated features, ad spots
• Cast talent and identify potential collaborators and freelance production staff to work on projects
• Collaborate with composers and mix engineers
• Bachelor’s degree and 5–7 years’ prior work experience in production for podcasts, radio, or other audio medium
• Must be well-connected to the larger community of independent producers and great at identifying talent
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships to gain trust and respect, both internally with the team and externally with clients
• Creative thinker, action-oriented, and full of energy for challenging concepts and new assignments
• Ability to regularly exercise judgment and discretion, and prioritize competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Extremely strong writing, communication, and presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to work with little to no guidance and think outside the box
• Proven ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and work as a team player
• Build constructive relationships to foster collaboration
• Stay current on content programs being produced by competitive publishers and production companies
• Extreme attention to detail
• Excellent file-management skills
• Versatile skill set gained from past experience in fast-paced audio production
• Organized and efficient in turning around audio segments or stories on a tight deadline
• A highly imaginative ear for audio storytelling and the technical skills to execute those ideas
• Proficiency in ProTools editing software preferred
• Experience creating, producing, and/or hosting podcasts
• Enthusiasm for Slate’s editorial and audio content
If all this describes you, we look forward to talking with you.
Slate is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply. If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will do what we can to meet your needs.