This position is no longer open.
Slate is hiring an experienced audio producer to work on our business and technology podcasts. The person we’re looking for is a deft and speedy audio editor and an adept booker and guest-wrangler. They have a keen sense of what works and what doesn’t in audio, an interest in technology, business, and journalism, and a wealth of ideas. Ideally they’d have experience with and insight into both conversation-driven and scripted shows.
● Book guests, schedule and run recording sessions, edit, and mix complete episodes of some of our biggest podcasts
● Work with writer-podcasters to bring scripted shows from conception to release: booking, recording, managing tape, editing, scoring, mixing
● Work with editors and hosts to develop formats for new shows
● At least two years of audio production experience in radio, podcasting, or equivalent
● Excellent audio-editing skills
● Great ideas and sound editorial judgment
● Interest in and knowledge of the worlds of technology and business
● Smarts, kindness, and humor
Slate is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply.
This is a position covered under a collective bargaining agreement between Slate and the Writers Guild of America East