Slate is hiring an experienced audio producer to work on our business and technology podcasts. The person we’re looking for is a deft and speedy audio editor and an adept booker and guest-wrangler. They have a keen sense of what works and what doesn’t in audio, an interest in technology, business, and journalism, and a wealth of ideas. Ideally they’d have experience with and insight into both conversation-driven and scripted shows.
● Book guests, schedule and run recording sessions, edit, and mix complete episodes of some of our biggest podcasts
● Work with writer-podcasters to bring scripted shows from conception to release: booking, recording, managing tape, editing, scoring, mixing
● Work with editors and hosts to develop formats for new shows
● At least two years of audio production experience in radio, podcasting, or equivalent
● Excellent audio-editing skills
● Great ideas and sound editorial judgment
● Interest in and knowledge of the worlds of technology and business
● Smarts, kindness, and humor
The position is full-time, on staff, with benefits, and is located in Slate’s Brooklyn office. To apply, send a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Biz-Tech Podcast Producer” in your subject line.
Slate is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply.
This is a position covered under a collective bargaining agreement between Slate and the Writers Guild of America East