This position is no longer open.
Slate is hiring an experienced audio producer to work on a new business-themed podcast. The person we’re looking for is a deft and speedy audio editor and an adept booker and guest-wrangler. The person has a keen sense of what works and what doesn’t in audio, an interest in business and journalism, and experience producing scripted narrative works for radio or podcasts.
• Source and book podcast guests
• Schedule and run recording sessions
• Edit, score, and mix complete podcast episodes
• Collaborate with host to ideate on podcast themes and topics
• At least two years of audio production experience in radio, podcasting, or equivalent
• Excellent audio editing skills
• Demonstrated ability to structure stories in audio
• Interest in and knowledge of the world of business
• Smarts, kindness, and humor
Slate is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply. If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will do what we can to meet your needs.
This is a position covered under a collective bargaining agreement between Slate and the Writers Guild of America East.