Slate is hiring an experienced audio producer to work on a new business-themed podcast. The person we’re looking for is a deft and speedy audio editor and an adept booker and guest-wrangler. The person has a keen sense of what works and what doesn’t in audio, an interest in business and journalism, and experience producing scripted narrative works for radio or podcasts.
• Source and book podcast guests
• Schedule and run recording sessions
• Edit, score, and mix complete podcast episodes
• Collaborate with host to ideate on podcast themes and topics
• At least two years of audio production experience in radio, podcasting, or equivalent
• Excellent audio editing skills
• Demonstrated ability to structure stories in audio
• Interest in and knowledge of the world of business
• Smarts, kindness, and humor
This is a full-time staff position based in Slate’s Brooklyn office. To apply, send a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com. Please include “Podcast Producer, Business” in your subject line.
Slate is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply. If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will do what we can to meet your needs.
This is a position covered under a collective bargaining agreement between Slate and the Writers Guild of America East.