Slate is not currently hiring for this position.
Slate is looking for a podcast operations manager to oversee day-to-day operations for our growing roster of podcasts.
In 2018, Slate Podcasts drove 200 million downloads across 30 shows, including the smash hit Slow Burn, mainstays like Trumpcast and the Slate Political Gabfest, and our fledgling daily news show What Next. Now we’re looking to build out our network’s operations staff, starting with a dedicated operations manager.
• Solve problems and manage processes for Slate’s dozens of ongoing shows
• Serve as liaison between Slate’s podcast department and sales team
• Field incoming questions and requests from all sides, resolving where possible and escalating where necessary
• Outstanding organizational skills
• Proven ability to prioritize, problem-solve, and work efficiently on tight deadlines
• Good judgment with minimal supervision
• Great interpersonal and communication skills
• Two years’ experience in an operations-focused role
• A love of podcasts and excitement about the medium
Bonus Points For:
• Audio production experience, preferably in a journalistic environment
• Familiarity with studio technology and audio editing software
• Experience creating or hosting a podcast
The position is full-time, on staff, with benefits, and can be located in either Slate’s New York or Washington offices.
Slate is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply.
This is a position covered under a collective bargaining agreement between Slate and the Writers Guild of America East.