This position is no longer open.
Slate is looking for an experienced podcast producer to help us make future seasons of our smash hit Slow Burn and other scripted narrative shows.
The person we’re looking for has a keen grasp of all aspects of audio storytelling. They can identify the best tape from hours of interviews and spot what’s missing while the interview is still in progress. They’re happy spending hours scouring news archives for the perfect clip. They can move adroitly between booking, recording, editing, project-managing, and troubleshooting. They can track and integrate notes from multiple sides and turn around careful, sensitive edits and mixes on tight deadlines. We’re all working from home now so candidates from all locations will be considered.
• Work with writer-hosts to tell compelling stories in audio
• Find archival footage and negotiate with rights owners for licenses
• Arrange interviews and oversee recording sessions, sometimes over remote connections
• Edit and score recordings quickly and sensitively
• At least four years of audio production experience in radio, podcasting, or equivalent, including work on high-quality scripted shows
• Excellent writing and audio-editing skills, story sense, and production ability
• Smarts, kindness, and humor, which will help you fit in with smart, kind, funny colleagues.
Slate is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talent people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply. If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will do what we can to meet your needs.
This is a position covered under a collective bargaining agreement between Slate and the Writers Guild of America East.