Slate is looking for an executive producer to oversee production of our podcasts. The person we’re looking for is an experienced audio hand with a proven ability to make audio that’s compelling for the ears and brain. They’re a mentor to our staff and freelance producers, and they’re used to overseeing budgets and schedules, coordinating with stakeholders, and sensitively managing relationships. Strong editorial judgment and an active interest in news, politics, and culture are a must; experience at a news organization is preferred. This position is based in Brooklyn or D.C., and reports to the editorial director for audio.
• Keep lots of podcasts running at a high level of quality
• Guide producers and hosts in achieving the best results sonically and editorially
• Serve as a nexus between talent, producers, sales, audience development, tech, and leadership
• At least six years in audio production for radio, podcasting, or equivalent
• Excellent audio engineering skills
• Experience managing teams and overseeing large or complex productions
• An understanding of Slate’s podcasts and ideas for how to improve them and invent new ones
Slate is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply. If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know.
We will do what we can to meet your needs.
To apply, please send a résumé and short cover letter to email@example.com. Please include “Executive producer” in your subject line.