This position is no longer open.
Slate Studios is an industry leader in branded podcasts, creating award-winning audio experiences for some of the biggest brands in the world. In 2019, we’re adding an associate creative strategist to the team as we take on exciting new projects.
The person who fills this role will be tasked with setting the tone for our branded content programs, ensuring that our custom work meets the uncompromising standards for which Slate is known. The associate creative strategist’s primary responsibility will be managing the pre-sale process from a creative standpoint, working with our sales and marketing teams to create strategic proposals and collaborating with producers to bring those concepts to life.
As a secondary responsibility, the associate creative strategist will assist in copywriting tasks for our branded content campaigns.
This role reports directly into Slate Studios’ director of creative strategy and is based in New York.
• Be a driving force in creative brainstorms by coming up with and collaborating on ideas that are unique, smart, thought-provoking, and strategic
• Turn inventive ideas into clear, compelling RFP submissions
• Collaborate with teams across marketing, sales, production, etc. to ensure creative concepts are presented clearly and will make for compelling content
• Assist with copywriting duties (article copy, podcast descriptions, creative treatments, etc.) and promotional deliverables (headlines, social copy, etc.) for branded content campaigns
• Stay up to speed on industry trends, the competitive landscape, and emerging content initiatives
• 1–2 years’ experience in marketing and/or content creation
• Strong writer of both long-form proposals and short-form descriptions and headlines
• Encourages others’ ideas, the kind of person you want in a brainstorm
• Deadline- and detail-oriented, incredibly proactive
• Flexible and willing to juggle multiple tasks across deliverables
• Excited to learn more about creative strategy, branded content, and digital media
• Interest or experience in podcasts is a plus but not a must
Candidates may be asked to complete a written test as part of the application process.
Slate is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply.