This position is no longer open.
Slate is hiring two audio producers (one in New York, one in D.C.) to work on adapting our existing audio content into new formats for podcast platforms, voice assistants, and other aggregators. The people we’re looking for are deft and speedy audio editors, have a keen ear for compelling audio, and closely follow the news.
• Select and publish excerpts from and abridged versions of Slate podcasts, editing for length and clarity
• Brainstorm and prototype new segments as opportunities become available with new platforms
• Produce promotional content about Slate podcasts for use internally and on other networks
• Fill in production duties on Slate podcasts as needed
• At least one year of audio production experience in radio, podcasting, or equivalent
• Excellent audio editing skills (ProTools or Hindenburg preferred)
• Demonstrated ability to structure stories in audio
• Interest in and knowledge of the intersection of technology and journalism
• Smarts, kindness, and humor
Slate is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply. If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will do what we can to meet your needs.
This is a position covered under a collective bargaining agreement between Slate and the Writers Guild of America East.