This position is no longer open.
Slate is hiring an audio producer to work across our network. This producer will fill in as needed on Slate shows, produce promo clips and trailers, and adapt our existing audio content into new formats for podcast platforms and other aggregators. The people we’re looking for work well with others, edit audio quickly and accurately, and adapt successfully to a variety of workflows.
We’re all working remotely right now, but ideally this producer is local to Slate’s offices in Brooklyn or D.C.
• Select and publish excerpts from and abridged versions of Slate podcasts, editing for length and clarity
• Produce promotional content about Slate podcasts for use internally and on other networks
• Fill in on production duties on Slate podcasts as needed, including running recording sessions, booking guests, and editing and posting episodes.
• At least one year of audio production experience in radio, podcasting, or equivalent
• Excellent audio-editing skills (ProTools preferred)
• Demonstrated ability to structure stories in audio
• Interest in and knowledge of the intersection of technology and journalism
• Smarts, kindness, and humor
Slate is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply. If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will do what we can to meet your needs.
This is a position covered under a collective bargaining agreement between Slate and the Writers Guild of America East.