On this week’s episode, Rebecca, Carvell, and Gabe talk to Rebecca Onion about Facebook parenting groups and answer a question from a listener whose 5-year-old son has been teased for the color of his skin. Plus: parenting triumphs and fails, recommendations, and more. And on Slate Plus this week: a question about summer camp rituals that appropriate Native American iconography.
Discussed in this episode:
- Rebecca Onion’s article “The Parent Trap.”
- Katy Waldman’s review of Robin DiAngelo’s White Fragility.
- Rebecca recommends the game Qwirkle.
- Gabe recommends the Mysterious Benedict Society series by Trenton Lee Stewart.
- Carvell recommends the board game Forbidden Island.
Follow us on Facebook and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us what you thought of today’s show and give us ideas for what we should talk about in future episodes. Got questions that you’d like us to answer? Call and leave us a message at 424-255-7833.
Podcast produced by Benjamin Frisch.
Slate is an Amazon affiliate and may receive a commission from purchases you make through our links.