Listen to the DoubleX Gabfest by clicking the arrow on the audio player below:
On this week’s DoubleX Gabfest, Invisibilia co-host Hanna Rosin and Slate Outward editor June Thomas are joined by Slate staff writer Christina Cauterucci to discuss Republican women. They also discuss the new Amazon show Good Girls Revolt, and what we learn about Chelsea Clinton from the email leaks.
Slate Plus: Is the U.N. Sexist?
Other items discussed in the show:
- “Has the Republican Feminist Awakening Begun?” by Michelle Goldberg in Slate
- Megyn Kelly’s interview with Newt Gingrich
- “The Revolt of the Conservative Women” by David A. Graham in the Atlantic
- June’s interview with Lynn Povich for the Afterword
- “Chelsea Clinton’s Frustrations and Devotion Shown in Hacked Emails” by Amy Chozick in the New York Times
- “Being Chelsea Clinton” by Michelle Cottle in the Atlantic
June recommends “The Writer Who Was Too Strong to Live” by Dave McKenna in Deadspin
Christina recommends Intimations by Alexandra Kleeman
Outro song: “Roar” by Katy Perry
Loyal fans of Slate’s DoubleX, please remember to like us on our Facebook page. Now we’ve also got a Twitter account @xxgabfest. Send your emails to email@example.com. Tell us what we should cover in the next edition.