Listen to the DoubleX Gabfest by clicking the arrow on the audio player below:
On this week’s Gabfest, Invisibilia co-host Hanna Rosin joins New York magazine’s Noreen Malone and Slate Outward editor June Thomas to discuss the burkini. They also talk women wearing headphones and the new show Take My Wife.
And, on Slate Plus, is makeup sexist?
Other items discussed in the show:
- “Australia’s Lesson in Burkini Politics” by Zoya Sheftalovich
- “Burkinis on Beach Stoke France’s Long Debate on Secularism” by Elaine Ganley
- “Burkini Ban Violates Basic Human Freedoms, Rules France’s Highest Court” by Christina Cauterucci
- “How to Talk to a Woman Who Is Wearing Headphones” by Dan Bacon
- “In Take My Wife, Cameron Esposito and Rhea Butcher Are Partners in Life and Comedy” by June Thomas
- Take My Wife on Seeso
Noreen recommends Gabriel Sherman’s piece “The Revenge of Roger’s Angels,” in New York magazine.
Outro Song: “Unpretty” by TLC