Listen to the DoubleX Gabfest by clicking the arrow on the audio player below:
On this week’s Gabfest, Invisibilia co-host Hanna Rosin joins New York magazine’s Noreen Malone and Slate’s Outward blog editor, June Thomas discuss the decriminalization of sex work with Emily Bazelon. They also talk about Melania Trump and why millennial men love Drake.
Slate Plus: Is the opposition to Harriet Tubman on the $20 bill sexist?
Other items discussed in the show:
- “Melania Trump on Her Rise, Her Family Secrets, and Her True Political Views: ‘Nobody Will Ever Know’ ” by Julia Ioffe
- “The Model American,” by Lauren Collins
- “My Mom’s Voting for Him,” by Hanna Rosin
- “Did Their Father Really Know Best?” by Jonathan Van Meter
- “The Mysterious Columba Bush,” by Hanna Rosin
- “Drake’s New Album Views Sold Over 600,000 Copies on iTunes in One Day,” by Micah Singleton
- “6 Man,” by Carl Wilson
- “Reporter Who Profiled Melania Trump in a Generally Positive Light Is Inundated With Anti-Semitic Threats,” by L.V. Anderson
June recommends Canadian phenomenon Being Erica on Hulu
Hanna recommends Green Porno by Isabella Rossellini
Noreen recommends Mrs. Bridge by Evan S. Connell
This podcast was produced by Ann Heppermann. Our intern is Shiva Bayat.
Outro song: “I’m da Plug” by Meek Mills