Listen to the DoubleX Gabfest by clicking the arrow on the audio player below:
On this week’s Gabfest, Invisibilia co-host Hanna Rosin joins Outward editor June Thomas and New York magazine editor Noreen Malone to talk about Amy Cuddy’s power pose, procrastination, and the CW’s musical comedy Crazy Ex-Girlfriend.
Items discussed in the show:
- “The Power of the ‘Power Pose,’ ”by Andrew Gelman and Kaiser Fung
- “Your Body Language Shapes Who You Are” TED Talk, by Amy Cuddy
- Amy Cuddy’s study on the power pose
- Presence: Bringing Your Boldest Self to Your Biggest Challenges, by Amy Cuddy
- “Why I Taught Myself to Procrastinate,” by Adam Grant
- “How to Stop Time,” by Anna Della Subin
- Dept. of Speculation, by Jenny Offill
- The Blazing World: A Novel, by Siri Hustvedt
- Crazy Ex-Girlfriend on the CW
- Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Is Fun, Feminist, and Innovative. Except for One Character., by Laura Bradley
June recommends The 100 on the CW.
Hanna recommends Pilot, by Stephanie Foo.
Noreen recommends the Andrew Bujalski movie Results.
This podcast was produced by Ann Heppermann. Our intern is Shiva Bayat.
Outro song: “Superwoman,” by Alicia Keys