Listen to the DoubleX Gabfest by clicking the arrow on the audio player below:
Slate Plus members: Get your ad-free podcast feed.
On this week’s Gabfest, Slate’s Hanna Rosin and June Thomas join New York editor Noreen Malone to discuss Maureen Dowd’s New York Times Magazine article, “The Women of Hollywood Speak Out”; Carol, an adaptation of Patricia Highsmith’s novel The Price of Salt; and Palo Alto, California’s unusually high number of teen suicides.
Other items discussed in the show:
- “Loving Carol” by Frank Rich
- The original “Artist, Draw Thyself (and Your Mother and Therapist)”
- The Amazon series The Man in the High Castle
- Hanna Rosin’s article “The Overprotected Kid”
- Hanna Rosin’s article “The Silicon Valley Suicides”
- Maureen Dowd’s article “The Women of Hollywood Speak Out”
June recommends Jessica Jones on Netflix.
Noreen recommends Desk Set by Walter Lang.
This podcast was produced by Ann Heppermann. Our intern is Shiva Bayat.