1. Directors, officers, and employees of The Slate Group, a division of Washington Post.Newsweek Interactive, 1515 N. Courthouse Road, Arlington, VA 22201 (“Slate”) and its affiliates, subsidiaries, and divisions (as well as each member of their immediate family and of their household) are not eligible to submit an entry/submission.
2. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws apply.
3. To enter, fully complete and submit (as directed) the online entry form available on the entry page. Submissions will be accepted beginning on 2/22/2011 and must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. ET on 3/15/2011 (“Entry Period”). Each entrant must follow the presented instructions and provide the information (as requested) including your Proposal, Proposal Title, Proposal Summary and Image (collectively, “Entry Materials”).
5. Entry Materials that are late, unintelligible, incomplete, unreadable, damaged, destroyed, delayed, tampered with, forged, misdirected or otherwise not in compliance with these Term and Conditions may be disqualified.
6. Each entrant agrees and acknowledges that his/her Entry Materials do not violate or infringe the rights of privacy, publicity, or any other rights, including but not limited to copyrights or trademarks, of any third party, nor do the Entry Materials contain libelous or defamatory material. Slate reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant who submits Entry Materials which Slate believes may be defamatory, obscene, profane, offensive, harassing, inappropriate or that may infringe upon or violate another party’s rights. In its sole discretion, Slate reserves the right to modify any material submitted prior to posting (or not to post such materials at all) or otherwise disseminating such materials. Submitted materials will not be returned.
7. All entries generated by a script, macro or other automated/repetitive electronic means will be disqualified and ineligible for the promotion.
8. During the Entry Period, submitted Entry Materials will be promptly posted on the Slate web site upon submission so that the public will be able to vote for their favorite entries. The voting period to determine six (6) of the finalists (“Finalist Voting Period”) will be identical to the Entry Period.
11. On or about 3/15/2011, winners will be posted on the Slate web site. Slate will decide, in its sole discretion, the winners based on the originality and feasibility of each submission. Winner will be promptly notified via email (and/or other means) to the email address submitted as part of his/her entry. Selected Winner must respond to such notice within two (2) business days. Failure to do so may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate Winner.
12. Each day during the voting period, a voter may submit up to one vote for each of the listed submissions/entries. The use of computer generated programs or other similar means to submit multiple votes is prohibited and such votes will be discarded/disqualified as determined by Slate in its sole discretion. As determined solely by Slate, all votes not in compliance with these Terms and Conditions will be discarded/disqualified.
13. Slate shall have no liability for any notification or other material sent pursuant to these Term and Conditions that is lost, intercepted or not received for any reason.
14. In Slate’s sole discretion, an entrant may be disqualified if such entrant (i) is unreachable or notification is returned as undeliverable (if applicable); (ii) fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions; or (iii) engages in any fraudulent, unfair or deceptive activity.
15. There are no prizes being offered in this promotion.
16. By participating in this promotion, each entrant gives Slate permission to use his/her Entry Materials and other information provided to Slate in any manner or media in its sole discretion, including without limitation to display such materials on or in connection with Slate.com in perpetuity. In addition, each entrant understands that the Entry Materials of the Winner and/or certain Entrants may be used in whole or in part by Slate, sponsor(s) of this promotion, and other third parties to build a classroom, subject to prior approval by the Winner and/or Entrants for such use.
17. By participating in this promotion, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and the decisions of Slate, which are final and binding in all respects. By entering, each entrant agrees to release, discharge, indemnify, and hold harmless Slate and its affiliates and subsidiaries, and each of their respective employees, officers, shareholders, directors, representatives and agents from and against any claims, damages or liability involving or arising out of the promotion or his/her participation in the promotion including, but not limited to, claims involving printing errors or other errors. Slate disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with, the promotion.
18. Slate reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel or suspend this promotion should any virus, bug, computer problem or other cause or problem corrupt or inhibit the administration, security or intended operation of the promotion and, in such situation (or in the event of any type of error), to select participants, alternates, and/or winner from among the eligible entries received prior to and/or after the action taken or in such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by Slate.
19. The interpretation of these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the United States and the District of Columbia exclusively and solely by and within the courts of the District of Columbia with regard to choice of law principles.