10. The mom still does most of the heavy lifting with raising the kids.
9. Men you thought were “happily married” start asking to be your Facebook friends
8. Everyone wants to know how the money is divided and how much support you’re getting, even if they don’t ask directly.
7. It’s a good way to lose weight.
6. A major haircut seems to take place, even when you didn’t have any conscious desire to get one.
5. Country music suddenly seems appropriate programming in the car.
4. One begins to wonder if Kegels should be put back in the fitness regimen.
3. Building a social life requires infinite inspiration and meticulous planning because there’s no one around to “just hang” with.
2. There’s plenty of closet space, finally, and finally…
1. There is the delightful prospect of “new” sex!
Photograph of Vicki Iovine by Alison Reynolds.