Listen to Hang Up and Listen with Stefan Fatsis and Josh Levin:
In this week’s episode of Slate’s sports podcast Hang Up and Listen, Stefan Fatsis and Josh Levin are joined by the Athletic’s Ethan Strauss to talk about the Golden State Warriors without Kevin Durant and the New Orleans Pelicans with Zion Williamson. John Urschel then joins the show to discuss his book Mind and Matter: A Life in Math and Football. Finally, Louisa Thomas assesses the enigmatic, temperamental tennis player Nick Kyrgios.
Here are links to some of the articles and other items mentioned on the show:
• Strauss on the matchup between Stephen Curry and his little brother Seth Curry.
• The Athletic’s Anthony Slater on the maturation of Draymond Green.
• Nick Greene in Slate on Zion Williamson, Steve Francis, and the art of spurning the team that drafts you.
• Jordan Ellenberg’s profile of Urschel in Hmm Daily.
• Listen to Kyrgios’ interview with Ben Rothenberg on the No Challenges Remaining podcast.
• Laura Wagner in Deadspin on Kyrgios’ latest tantrum.
Hang Up and Listen’s weekly paper clips:
Josh’s paper clip: In praise of old people who make lots of free throws.
Stefan’s paper clip: Tony Snetro is the dean of old-man-softball players.
On this week’s Slate Plus bonus segment, Stefan, Josh, and John Urschel talk about The Blind Side and Urschel’s math heroes.
Podcast production and edit by Patrick Fort.
You can email us at email@example.com.