Listen to Hang Up and Listen with Stefan Fatsis and Josh Levin:
Become a fan of Hang Up and Listen and join the discussion of this episode on Facebook.
In this week’s episode of Slate’s sports podcast Hang Up and Listen, Stefan Fatsis and Josh Levin are joined by Slate’s Nick Greene to talk about the NBA’s best postseason feuds: Kevin Durant vs. Patrick Beverley, Ben Simmons vs. Jared Dudley, and Russell Westbrook vs. Damian Lillard. ESPN’s Greg Wyshynski also joins to discuss the Tampa Bay Lightning’s shocking flameout in the NHL playoffs. And two-time Jeopardy! champion Jack Dickey helps assess the stunning success of quiz-show mastermind James Holzhauer.
Here are links to some of the articles and other items mentioned on the show:
• Follow Nick Greene on Twitter.
• NBA beef No. 1: “Patrick Beverley Tries to Get Inside Kevin Durant’s Head, Finds Durant Is Already There.”
• NBA beef No. 2: Ben Simmons, Jared Dudley, and “the delightfully unnecessary feud the NBA playoffs desperately didn’t need.”
• NBA beef No. 3: Russell Westbrook vs. Damian Lillard.
• Follow Greg Wyshynski on Twitter.
• Wyshynski on how the Tampa Bay Lightning crashed out of the playoffs against the Columbus Blue Jackets.
• The Lightning Twitter account sent a very emo tweet.
• The strange fight between Alex Ovechkin and Andrei Svechnikov.
• Follow Jack Dickey on Twitter.
• Dickey’s Sports Illustrated piece on his Jeopardy! experience.
• Jeremy Samuel Faust’s Slate piece on Jeopardy! champ James Holzhauer.
• ESPN’s story on Holzhauer.
• The Atlantic on Jeopardy! and game show prize budgets.
Hang Up and Listen’s weekly Eddie Timanuses:
Stefan’s Eddie Timanus: After 50 years, the Philadelphia Flyers will stop playing Kate Smith’s “God Bless America.” Their record of success with Smith is at least slightly overblown.
Josh’s Eddie Timanus: The first player to palm a basketball was nicknamed Horse and “was to basketball what Babe Ruth was to baseball.”
On this week’s Slate Plus bonus segment, Stefan, Josh, and Nick Greene discuss the feud between Russell Westbrook and Oklahoman columnist Berry Tramel.
Podcast production and edit by Patrick Fort.
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.